Dimensions and other practicalities
The approximate dimensions of the Centre’s public rooms are as follows:
- Main Hall – Total size 12m x 30m. Standing capacity 500; seats available for up to 350. The hall has a moveable wall capable of screening off the rear third of the hall as a separate bar. The maximum standing capacity for the hall with the moveable wall closed is 400.
- Bar – Maximum standing capacity for Bar is 186. The bar can accommodate 50 cafe tables
- Dining area – The hall can seat 150 at dining tables.
- Stage – 8m x 5.2m. The stage has stage lighting and PA.
- Reynolds Room – A smaller functions room 7.5m x 10m. Maximum standing capacity 65 or 40 seated at cafe tables.
- Dressing Room/Classroom – 7.5m x 6m and can be halved using screening. The economical solution for small meetings of around 12 people and has wheelchair access.
- Kitchen – The kitchen, which has been used for cookery classes, and crockery, cutlery and glasses for 100 guests. Seats and tables can accommodate that number also.
- Other facilities
- Seating – We now, as of May 2018, have 100 new banquet chairs to add to our 180 older banquet chairs. We also have 50 bistro-style chairs.
- Sound/Video – We also have a portable PA system for use in other rooms, plus a projector and screen.
- Wheelchair access – Wheelchair users will find they have easy access to the main hall, Reynolds Room, bar and kitchen and there are disabled toilets adjacent to the Reynolds Room and off the foyer. A wheelchair ramp also gives separate access to the stage and dressing room.
- Parking – The Centre has free parking space for approximately 10 vehicles and adjoins a paying long-stay car park with space for approximately 150 vehicles.